Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: SIU/Graham Learning Lab, EP Coleman Building, 175 S. Main St. Canton, Illinois
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Thursday, September 8, 2022
Conference Call-in Information 425-436-6333
Access Code: 3726216
1. Call to Order: 5:34 p.m.
The Governor of the state of Illinois has issued a disaster declaration related to public health concerns and Fulton County is covered by the disaster declaration. Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/7, The Fulton County Board Chairman has determined that an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under the Illinois Open Meeting Act is not practical or prudent because of the disaster, and board member’s physical presence at this meeting is waived and may be made by audio or video conference pending the termination of the State of Illinois Disaster Proclamation.
2. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, present; Nestor Madson, present; Susan Duquenne, present; Heidi Wilner, absent; Cindy Arnett, absent.
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda: Nestor Madson made a motion to accept the agenda as presented, 2nd by Susan Duquenne. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Nestor Madson, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities: None
5. Public Remarks: None
Members of the Public who wish to address the Board must provide the Chairperson with prior written notice of their intent to speak. The written notice shall identify the name and address of the speaker, as well as a short statement indicating the speaker’s topic. Each citizen is limited to five (5) minutes. Citizen’s remarks shall not exceed 30 minutes per meeting.
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings – : Nestor Madson made a motion to accept the minutes as presented, 2nd by Susan Duquenne. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Nestor Madson, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye.
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: Claims were reviewed. Nestor Madson made a motion to pay the claims, 2nd by Susan Duquenne. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Nestor Madson, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye.
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities – none
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities: None
Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities:
a. Discussion/Action: Resolution: Dwayne Bernard, M.D. – Reappointment – Fulton County Board of Tuberculosis –
Nestor Madson made a motion to reappoint Dwayne Bernard, M.D. to the Fulton County Board of Tuberculosis. 2nd by Susan Duquenne. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Nestor Madson, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye.
b. Discussion/Action: Resolution: Marla Reneau – Reappointment – Fulton County Board of Tuberculosis- Susan Duqenne made a motion to reappoint Marla Reneau to the Fulton County Board of Tuberculosis. 2nd by Nestor Madson, Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Nestor Madson, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye.
10. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
1. Admissions/Census (Clayberg) started the month with 40, 3 admits, 1 d/c ended with 42
2. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg) reviewed with committee
3. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg)
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
1. Bids for Shower Room – (potential arpa fund contribution) met with contractors today. Project start date 10/1/2022
2. Kitchen Floor Tile – job completed and moved back in to kitchen 8/29/22.
11. New Business:
a. Discussion/Action: HFS CNA pay-scale subsidy. Tabled until Laura is able to verify where this has stalled.
b. Discussion/Action: FY23 budget – the committee accepted the budget with the corrections suggested.
12. Adjournment: 6:20 p.m. – Nestor made a motion to adjourn, 2nd by Susan.
Next Health Committee Meeting: October 6, 2022 – 5:30 p.m.
SIU/Graham Learning Lab, 175 S. Main Street, Canton,IL
Minutes Health Sept 8 2022