Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln St, Lewistown, IL
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2023,
1. Call to Order: 5:30 p.m.
2. Roll Call: Brian Platt, present; Barry Beck, present; James Barclay, present; Lisa Thompson, present; Dan Kumer, present. Also present
Tammie Denning, Administrator and Diana Keime, BOM
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda: Beck made a motion to accept the agenda, 2nd by Barclay. All in
favor, motion carried.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities: None
5. Public Remarks: None
a. Members of the Public who wish to address the Board must provide the Chairperson with prior written notice of their intent to
speak. The written notice shall identify the name and address of the speaker, as well as a short statement indicating the
speaker’s topic. Each citizen is limited to five (5) minutes. Citizen’s remarks shall not exceed 30 minutes per meeting.
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings: Thompson made a motion to accept the minutes, 2nd by Barclay. All in favor, motion
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: Bills were reviewed. Beck made a motion to pay
claims, 2nd by Kumer. Roll call vote all in favor, motion carried.
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities – None
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities: None
10. Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities: None
11. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
i. Admissions/Census (Clayberg): There were 4 admissions and 5 discharges for the month. Ended the month with 41.
ii. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg): reviewed the aging, Medicare payments received, and the treasurer’s reports.
Also shared the intergovernmental payment discussed at last meeting – received after the last meeting.
iii. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg)
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
i. Shower Room – Project update: punch list for rest of project is to be completed.
c. Discussion/Action: Resident Monitoring System update: Door repaired by Thompson Electronics.
d. Discussion/Action: Budget FY24: Thompson made a motion to accept the FY24 Budget as amended, 2nd by Barclay. All in
favor, motion carried by Roll Call vote.
12. New Business:
a. Discussion/Action: Vacation Carry Over – table till the next meeting.
b. Discussion/Action: MOU – need to consult with Union and Attorney. Table until next meeting.
c. Discussion/Action: ADON – received 2 applications. Will discuss during executive session at next meeting.
13. Miscellaneous – Will need a biometric time clock when new time system is implemented. Will need to submit a bid for Jail meals when
RFP is issued. Schedule a Special Health Committee meeting for next Tues @ 5:15 in Courtroom 313.
14. Adjournment: Thompson made a motion to adjourn at 6:16 p.m.2nd by Kumer. All in Favor, motion carried.
15. Next Health Committee Meeting: October 3, 2023 – 5:30 p.m. Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln., Lewistown, IL