Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: SIU/Graham Learning Lab, EP Coleman Building, 175 S. Main St. Canton, Illinois
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Monday, May 9, 2022,
Conference Call-in Information 425-436-6333
Access Code: 3726216
1. Call to Order: 5:30
The Governor of the state of Illinois has issued a disaster declaration related to public health concerns and Fulton County is covered by the disaster declaration. Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/7, The Fulton County Board Chairman has determined that an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under the Illinois Open Meeting Act is not practical or prudent because of the disaster, and board member’s physical presence at this meeting is waived and may be made by audio or video conference pending the termination of the State of Illinois Disaster Proclamation.
2. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, Present; Susan Duquenne, Present; Nestor Madson, Present; Cindy Arnett, Absent; Heidi Wilner, Absent.
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda Nestor Madson made a motion to accept the agenda, 2nd by Susan Duquenne. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye: Nestor Madson, aye: aye; Susan Duquenne, aye.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities: There have been cases of COVID 19 in the building. We have 2 residents who remain in isolation and still have some staff out with COVID.
5. Public Remarks: None
Members of the Public who wish to address the Board must provide the Chairperson with prior written notice of their intent to speak. The written notice shall identify the name and address of the speaker, as well as a short statement indicating the speaker’s topic. Each citizen is limited to five (5) minutes. Citizen’s remarks shall not exceed 30 minutes per meeting.
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings: Nestor Madson made a motion to accept the minutes from the April Health Committee Meeting 2nd by Susan Duquenne. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye: Nestor Madson, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye.
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: the claims were discussed and Susan Duquenne made a motion to pay the claims, 2nd by Nestor Madson. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye: Nestor Madson, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye.
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities –N/A
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities: N/A
10. Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities: N/A
11. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
1. Admissions/Census (Clayberg): census decreased from 39 to 38 during the month, 1 admit 2 discharges
2. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg): reviewed aging and discussed billing issues with traditional medicaid, that should now be resolved. Billing issue with BC that should now also be resolved and the ongoing rate issue with the MCO’s – which is nearly resolved.
3. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg)
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
1. Bids for Shower Room – no new info
2. Bids for Kitchen Floor Tile – potential arpa fund contribution – no new info
3. Door Alarm system – no new info
4. Parking Lot – Bids – a project plan was completed by the architect with a projected cost of 622,000.00. The Committee is going to look into the terms of the current bond and cost of the capital projects for this year. And discuss at a later date.
12. New Business:
13. Adjournment: 6:01 p.m. Susan Duquenne made a motion to adjourn, 2nd by Nestor Madson, Roll Call: Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye: Nestor Madson, aye; Susan Duquenne.
Next Health Committee Meeting: June 2, 2022 – 5:30pm – please note change of date.
SIU/Graham Learning Lab, 175 S. Main Street, Canton,IL
Minutes Health May 5, 2022