Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln St, Lewistown, IL
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Tuesday, May 2, 2023,
Conference Call-in Information
Access Code: 3726216
1. Call to Order: 5:38 p.m.
a. The Governor of the state of Illinois has issued a disaster declaration related to public health concerns and Fulton County is covered by the disaster declaration. Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/7, The Fulton County Board Chairman has determined that an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under the Illinois Open Meeting Act is not practical or prudent because of the disaster, and board member’s physical presence at this meeting is waived and may be made by audio or video conference pending the termination of the State of Illinois Disaster Proclamation.
2. Roll Call: Brian Platt, present; James Barclay, present; Barry Beck, present; Lisa Thompson, present; Dan Kumer, present. Also Present, Trudy Williams, Rick Stewart, Labor Attorney, John Spangler, County Board President and Tammie Denning and Diana Keime, Clayberg Staff.
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda: Thompson made a motion to accept the agenda, 2nd by Barclay., Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities: None
5. Public Remarks: None
a. Members of the Public who wish to address the Board must provide the Chairperson with prior written notice of their intent to speak. The written notice shall identify the name and address of the speaker, as well as a short statement indicating the speaker’s topic. Each citizen is limited to five (5) minutes. Citizen’s remarks shall not exceed 30 minutes per meeting.
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings: Thompson made a motion to accept the minutes 2nd by Beck. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: Kumer made a motion to pay claims 2nd by Thompson., Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities: None
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities: None
10. Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities:
A. Discussion/Action: Resolution: Debra Baker – Retirement: Kumer made a resolution to accept the resolution, 2nd by Barclay. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
11. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
i. Admissions/Census (Clayberg): 41 to start month. Peaked at 43, ended at 41
ii. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg) reviewed information in packet
iii. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg)
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
i. Shower Room – Project update: issues with project. To remove and replace tile on floor.
c. Discussion/Action: Resident Monitoring System update: Bids: Opened 1 bid received. Table until next meeting.
12. Executive Session for the Discussion of Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives as Described in 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2), the discipline or performance of specific employees as described in 5ILCS 120/2(c) (1).: Kumer made motion to enter executive session, 2nd by Barclay at 6”02 p.m. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor. Beck make a motion to return to open session, 2nd by Kumer. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
13. New Business:
a. Discussion/Action: Employee Wages: Table – negation meeting on 5-12-23
b. Discussion/Action: ARPA Grant – informed committee of receipt of ARPA grant and how it is required to distribute.
14. Miscellaneous: None
15. Adjournment: Thompson made a motion to adjourn at 6:34 p.m., 2nd by Kumer. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
16. Next Health Committee Meeting: June 6, 2023 – 5:30 p.m. Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln., Lewistown, IL