Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln St, Lewistown, IL
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2023,
Conference Call-in Information
Access Code: 3726216
1. Call to Order: 5:30 p.m.
2. Roll Call: Brian Platt, Barry Beck, James Barclay, Daniel Kumer, Lisa Thompson
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda: Thompson made a motion to approve the minutes 2nd by Beck.
All in favor, motion carried.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities: None
5. Public Remarks: 5 member of the Public Spoke: Gary Taylor, Charlene Noble, Steve Blackwell, Reba Ford.
a. Members of the Public who wish to address the Board must provide the Chairperson with prior written notice of their intent to speak. The written notice shall identify the name and address of the speaker, as well as a short statement indicating the speaker’s topic. Each citizen is limited to five (5) minutes. Citizen’s remarks shall not exceed 30 minutes per meeting.
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings: Thompson made a motion to approve the minutes 2nd by Beck.
All in favor, motion carried.
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: Thompson made a motion to approve the claims 2nd by Barclay. All in favor, motion carried,
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities -: None
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities: None
10. Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities:
A. Discussion/Action: Resolution: Reappointment of Kay McKinley to the Fulton County Board of Health: Beck made a motion to reappoint Kay McKinley to the Fulton County Board of Health 2nd by Thompson. Motion carried, all in favor.
B. Discussion/Action: Resolution: Reappointment of Ben Phillips, MD to the Fulton County Board of Health: Kumer made a motion to reappoint Ben Phillips, MD to the Fulton County Board of Health, 2nd by Thompson. Motion carried, all in favor.
11. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
i. Admissions/Census (Clayberg): 2 new admits, 1 discharge home and 1 death.
ii. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg): reviewed with Board Members.
iii. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg) – Treasurer’s Reports are in the packet.
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
i. Shower Room – Project update: project on hold. No movement on project in the last 2 weeks,.
c. Discussion/Action: Resident Monitoring System update: Bids review: on hold. Find someone to wire door.
12. Executive Session for the Discussion of Collective negotiating matters between the public body and the discipline or performance of specific employees as Described in 5 ILCS 12/2(c)(1).: Barclay moved to enter Executive Session @ 6:02 pm, 2nd by Thompson. Motion carried, all in favor. At 6:31p Beck made a motion to return to open session, 2nd by Barclay. Motion carried, all in favor.
13. New Business:
a. Discussion/Action: Employee Discipline: None
b. Discussion/Action: Ordinance: Part III Food Sanitation Ordinance: Kumer asked for clarification of the Code in relation to structural issues. When the Health Officer does an inspection, they are not checking for structural issue, but they are checking for sanitation issues.
14. Miscellaneous: None
15. Adjournment: At 6:38 p, Beck made a motion to adjourn, 2nd by Barclay. Motion Carried, all in favor.
16. Next Health Committee Meeting: July 5, 2023 – 5:30 p.m. Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln., Lewistown, IL