Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: SIU/Graham Learning Lab, EP Coleman Building, 175 S. Main St. Canton, Illinois
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Thursday, June 2, 2022,
Conference Call-in Information: 425-436-6333
Access Code: 3726216
1. Call to Order: 5:38p.m.
The Governor of the state of Illinois has issued a disaster declaration related to public health concerns and Fulton County is covered by the disaster declaration. Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/7, The Fulton County Board Chairman has determined that an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under the Illinois Open Meeting Act is not practical or prudent because of the disaster, and board member’s physical presence at this meeting is waived and may be made by audio or video conference pending the termination of the State of Illinois Disaster Proclamation.
2. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, present; Susan Duquenne, present; Cindy Arnett, present, Nestor Madon, absent, Heidi Wilmer, Absent; also present: Katie Lynn, Fulton Co Health Dept; Tammie Denning, Administrator; Diana Keime, BOM.
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda: Susan Duquenne made a motion to accept the agenda, 2nd by Cindy Arnett. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye; Cindy Arnett, aye.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities – Laura Kessel disclosed that she works at the SIU/Graham Learning Lab where the Health Committee meetings are presently taking place.
5. Public Remarks: None
Members of the Public who wish to address the Board must provide the Chairperson with prior written notice of their intent to speak. The written notice shall identify the name and address of the speaker, as well as a short statement indicating the speaker’s topic. Each citizen is limited to five (5) minutes. Citizen’s remarks shall not exceed 30 minutes per meeting.
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings: Cindy Arnett made a motion to accept the minutes from the May 9, 2022 meeting, 2nd by Susan Duquenne. . Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye; Cindy Arnett, aye.
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: The Committee reviewed and discussed claims. Cindy Arnett made a motion to pay the claims, 2nd by Susan Duquenne. . Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye; Cindy Arnett, aye.
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities – None.
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities – None
10. Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities:
a. Discussion/Action: Resolution: Ramayya Gowda, MD – Reappointment – Fulton County Board of Health. Cindy Arnett made a motion to reappoint Ramayya Gowda to the Board of Health, 2nd by Laura Kessell. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Susan Duquenne, nay; Cindy Arnett, aye.
b. Discussion/Action: Resolution: Karla Leffler – Reappointment – Fulton County Board of Health – Susan Duquenne made a motion to reappoint Karla Leffler to the Board of Health 2nd by Cindy Arnett. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye;
Cindy Arnett, aye.
c. Discussion/Action: Resolution: Fulton County Waste Management and Recycling Ordinance “duly authorized agent” Katie Lynn shared that there had been issue with licensing and paperwork for trucks. This action would give the Health Department more leverage with compliance.
11. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
1. Admissions/Census (Clayberg) The cenus on the 1st was 38, we admitted 4 residents and lost one during the month for an ending census of 41.
2. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg) medicaid back payments of nearly 400,000.00 we received during the month, we still have outstanding payments due to the change in the capitol rate.
3. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg) – discussed the change in electrical supplier, Constellation New Energy, effective 6/16/22. Shared medicare, coinsurance and managed care payments for the month of June. The Treasure’s reports were also reviewed. Shared the Therapy Gym repayment information with the Committee.
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
1. Bids for Shower Room
2. Bids for Kitchen Floor Tile – potential arpa fund contribution: The Administrator messaged Bill Phillips to see where the bidding process was – he stated they bids had to be submitted by 6-2-22 for all the projects.
3. Door Alarm system – still unable to get parts for the current system. Will have to purchase new system
4. Parking Lot – Bids – on back burner for now.
12. New Business:
a. Discussion/Action: Garden Project
1. Ella Renick’s Eagle Scout Project. – Ella did a garden beautification project, planted flowers, put down gravel mulch and pavers, and has benches ordered. The board would like for her to attend a meeting to honor her.
Next Health Committee Meeting: July 11, 2022 – 5:30 p.m.
SIU/Graham Learning Lab, 175 S. Main Street, Canton,IL
Minutes Health June 2 2022