Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: SIU/Graham Learning Lab, EP Coleman Building, 175 S. Main St. Canton, Illinois
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Monday, July 11, 2022,
Conference Call-in Information 425-436-6333
Access Code: 3726216
1. Call to Order: 5:32 p.m.
The Governor of the state of Illinois has issued a disaster declaration related to public health concerns and Fulton County is covered by the disaster declaration. Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/7, The Fulton County Board Chairman has determined that an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under the Illinois Open Meeting Act is not practical or prudent because of the disaster, and board member’s physical presence at this meeting is waived and may be made by audio or video conference pending the termination of the State of Illinois Disaster Proclamation.
2. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, present; Nestor Madson, present; Heidi Wilmer, present; Susan Duquenne, Present; Cindy Arnett, Absent; also present: Tammie Denning, Administrator; Diana Keime, BOM.
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda: Nestor Madson made a motion to accept the agenda, 2nd by Susan Duquenne. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Nestor, aye; Heidi Wilner, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities: None
5. Public Remarks: None
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings: Nestor Madson made a motion to accept the minutes from the May 9, 2022 meeting, 2nd by Heidi Wilner. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Nestor, aye; Heidi Wilner, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye.
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: The Committee reviewed and discussed claims. Susan Duqueene made a motion to pay the claims, 2nd by Nestor Madson. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Nestor, aye; Heidi Wilner, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye.
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities – None
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities – None
10. Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities: Next Month Ella Renick – Eagle Scout garden project.
11. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
1. Admissions/Census (Clayberg) Started month with census of 41, had one new admit and 2 deaths during the month. Ended with a census of 40
2. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg) reviewed aging and have collected more the of the outstanding managed medicaid payments – having posting issues due to no explanation of negative balance forward with insurance payments.
3. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg) Discussed fines received from IDPH due to lapse in reporting of covid information by former nurse manager and issues encountered when uploading PBJ data.
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
1. Bids for Shower Room
Bids for Kitchen Floor Tile – potential arpa fund contribution: 2 bids received, one was substantially lower than the other and project architect sent letter. The bids were discussed and Susan Duquenne made a motion to accept the bid from Merrit Construction 2nd by Heidi Wilner. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Nestor, nay; Heidi Wilner, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye.
2. Door Alarm system – going to continue to keep operational
3. Parking Lot – Bids – going to patch for now
12. New Business:
13. Adjournment: 5:58 p.m. Susan Duquenne made a motion to adjourn, 2nd by Heidi Wilner. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye; Nestor, aye; Heidi Wilner, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye.
Next Health Committee Meeting: August 4, 2022 – 5:30 p.m.
SIU/Graham Learning Lab, 175 S. Main Street, Canton,IL