Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln St, Lewistown, IL
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Tuesday, January 3, 2023
Conference Call-in Information 425-436-6333
Access Code: 3726216
1. Call to Order: 5:30 p.m.
a. The Governor of the state of Illinois has issued a disaster declaration related to public health concerns and Fulton County is covered by the disaster declaration. Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/7, The Fulton County Board Chairman has determined that an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under the Illinois Open Meeting Act is not practical or prudent because of the disaster, and board member’s physical presence at this meeting is waived and may be made by audio or video conference pending the termination of the State of Illinois Disaster Proclamation.
2. Roll Call: Brian Platt, present; James Barclay, present; Barry Beck, present; Lisa Thompson, present; Dan Kumer, present; Laura Kessel, absent. Also Present, Trudy Williams. Tammie Denning and Diana Keime, Clayberg Staff
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda: Kumer made a motion to accept the agenda 2nd by Barclay. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities: 4 positive covid residents and 3 staff.
5. Public Remarks: none
a. Members of the Public who wish to address the Board must provide the Chairperson with prior written notice of their intent to speak. The written notice shall identify the name and address of the speaker, as well as a short statement indicating the speaker’s topic. Each citizen is limited to five (5) minutes. Citizen’s remarks shall not exceed 30 minutes per meeting.
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings: Kumer made a motion to accept the minutes 2nd by Barclay. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: Beck made a motion to pay claims 2nd by Barclay. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities -: none
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities – None
10. Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities
a. Discussion/Action: Resolution: Stan Berry – Appointment – 377 Board: Beck made a motion appoint Stan Berry to the 377 Board 2nd by Thompson. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
11. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
i. Admissions/Census (Clayberg) started Dec 40, 3 new admits 4 discharges, ended month 39
ii. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg): Still having issues with receipt of medicaid remits. Meridian no longer sends remits, trying to enroll to receive thru the Health Dept as they are a registered user.
iii. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg): Frontier doesn’t provide phone/internet service to Cuba. The facility copier doesn’t have the fax capabilities to assign. Will have to upgrade next contract.
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
i. Shower Room – Project update: one shower room has been gutted, found mold in wall due to plumbing issues.
c. Discussion/Action: HFS CNA pay-scale subsidy. All C.N.A.’s received the subsidy back pay. We have received 2 subsidy checks. Kumer requested a Health Department Representative attend the Health Committee meetings.
12. New Business:
a. Discussion/Action: Vacation carry over for Administrator: had 72 hours remaining. would like to carry over 40 to this year.,Beck made a motion to carry over 40 hours and payout remainder, 2nd by Barclay. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
b. Discussion/Action: Wanderguard System update. Thompson Electric sent a bid. We need an RFP for a Resident Monitoring system. Need to write up specs for RFP. Thompson made a motion to proceed with RFP 2nd by Beck. Motion carried by roll call vote with all in favor.
13. Adjournment: 6:10 p.m. Barclay made a motion to adjourn at 6:10 p.m, 2nd by Kumer. Motion carried by roll call vote with all in favor.
14. Next Health Committee Meeting: February 7, 2023 – 5:30 p.m. Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln., Lewistown, IL
Minutes Health Jan 3 2023