Fulton County Joint Advisory Health Insurance Committee Minutes
February 10, 2022
SIU/Graham Learning Lab, 175 South Main Street – Canton, IL 61520
1. Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 4:37 p.m. by Co-Chair, John Spangler.
2. Roll Call – Committee members present were: John Spangler, Laura Kessel, Barry Beck, Patrick O’Brian, Katie Lynn, Mary Ellen Carmack, Beth Hadsall, Jaclyn Webb, Amber McKenzie, and Trudy Williams.
3. Approval of Previous Minutes – Motion was made by Carmack, second by Kessel to approve the minutes from the January 25, 2022 meeting. Motion carried by roll call vote (10-0).
4. Additions, Deletions, Corrections to Agenda – Agenda amended to move item 6 a. before 5 a. Motion made by Kessel, second by Beck to approve the amended agenda. Motion carried by roll call vote (10-0).
5. Old Business – A timeline was agreed upon for the RFP for Broker of Record for Health Insurance as follows:
Release of RFP – April 1
Questions and Answers – April 4 – 25
Deadline for the RFP – April 29
Open RFP – May 2
Interviews – May 11 – 13
Selection of Broker of Record for Health Insurance – May 16
Effective date of Broker of Record for Health Insurance – August 1
6. New Business – First quarter claims will be available at the next meeting which will be April 28 at 4:30 p.m. Stan Travelstead gave the committee a reporting package showing claims for the calendar years of January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020 and January 1, 2021 through December 31. 2021. It was readily apparent the difference in claim amounts between the Covid influenced year of 2020 and the more normal year of 2021. Stan reminded the committee of the value of the past change for the 65+ retirees which includes a supplemental insurance for their Medicare coverage. This recommended change has saved the County approximately $322,000 per year and premiums have only risen 3%. Stan also answered a question that had been asked concerning his compensation from the insurance company. Stan said that he had contacted the insurance company so that the exact amount could be reported. Stan receives $20.00 per employee per month which equals $48,000.00 per year.
7. Adjournment – Motion by Kessel, second by O’Brian, motion carried by roll call vote (10-0). Meeting adjourned at 5:40 p.m.
Minutes by: Trudy Williams
Minutes JAHIC Feb 10 2022