Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: SIU/Graham Learning Lab, EP Coleman Building, 175 S. Main St. Canton, Illinois
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Thursday, April 7, 2022,
Conference Call-in Information
Access Code: 3726216
1. Call to Order:5:33 p.m.
The Governor of the state of Illinois has issued a disaster declaration related to public health concerns and Fulton County is covered by the disaster declaration. Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/7, The Fulton County Board Chairman has determined that an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under the Illinois Open Meeting Act is not practical or prudent because of the disaster, and board member’s physical presence at this meeting is waived and may be made by audio or video conference pending the termination of the State of Illinois Disaster Proclamation.
2. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, Present: Nestor Madson, Present; Heidi Wilner, Present; Susan Duquenne, Present; Cindy Arnett, Present.
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda: Nestor Madson made a motion to accept the agenda, 2nd by Susan Duquenne. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye: Nestor Madson, aye; Heidi Wilner, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye; Cindy Arnett, aye.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities – None
5. Public Remarks – None
Members of the Public who wish to address the Board must provide the Chairperson with prior written notice of their intent to speak. The written notice shall identify the name and address of the speaker, as well as a short statement indicating the speaker’s topic. Each citizen is limited to five (5) minutes. Citizen’s remarks shall not exceed 30 minutes per meeting.
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings: Susan Duqenne made a motion to accept the minutes for both the regular and the Special March meetings, 2nd by Heidi Wilner. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye: Nestor Madson, aye; Heidi Wilner, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye; Cindy Arnett, aye.
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: the claims were discussed and Susan Duqenne made a motion to pay the claims, 2nd by Heidi Wilner. Roll Call: Laura Kessel, aye: Nestor Madson, aye; Heidi Wilner, aye; Susan Duquenne, aye; Cindy Arnett, aye.
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities – none
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities – none
10. Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities: none
11. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
1. Admissions/Census (Clayberg) census remained the same, 3 new admits and 3 discharges during the month of March.
2. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg) reviewed and discussed the ongoing issue with incorrect rate payments and non-receipt of March payment prior to the meeting.
3. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg) reviewed medicare/insurance payments, bank reports and budget report from the treasurer
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
1. Bids for Shower Room – now waiting on contractor bids, will be done in 2 stages.hope to start kitchen in the fall.
2. Bids for Kitchen Floor Tile – potential arpa fund contribution – there may still be a chance for some of the county funds to help pay for the air quality upgrades being done.
3. Door Alarm system – unable to purchase parts- but may have found someone that could swap out the monitor on the back door.
12. New Business
a. Discussion/Action: Parking lot –They highway dept is unable to assist with this project. Estimates received ranged from 40 to 140k – Roger Clark is helping with the project. Getting architect assist as lot needs graded so water can be directed away from lot. Will have to request bids for the project.
b. Discussion/Action: employee retention and recruitment – discussed the retention incentives the facility has used to gain/retain staff during the pandemic crisis
Next Health Committee Meeting: Thursday,May 5 , 2022 – 5:30pm
SIU/Graham Learning Lab, 175 S. Main Street, Canton,IL
Minutes Health April 7 2022