Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln St, Lewistown, IL
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Wednesday, April 5, 2023,
Conference Call-in Information
Access Code: 3726216
1. Call to Order: 5:32 p.m.
a. The Governor of the state of Illinois has issued a disaster declaration related to public health concerns and Fulton County is covered by the disaster declaration. Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/7, The Fulton County Board Chairman has determined that an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under the Illinois Open Meeting Act is not practical or prudent because of the disaster, and board member’s physical presence at this meeting is waived and may be made by audio or video conference pending the termination of the State of Illinois Disaster Proclamation.
2. Roll Call: Lisa Thompson, present, James Barclay, present; Barry Beck, present. Also present Tammie Denning and Diana Keime, Clayberg Staff
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda: Barclay made a motion to accept the agenda 2nd by Beck. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities: None
5. Public Remarks: None
a. Members of the Public who wish to address the Board must provide the Chairperson with prior written notice of their intent to speak. The written notice shall identify the name and address of the speaker, as well as a short statement indicating the speaker’s topic. Each citizen is limited to five (5) minutes. Citizen’s remarks shall not exceed 30 minutes per meeting.
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings: Beck made a motion to accept the minutes 2nd by Barclay. Motion carried by roll call vote.
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: Claims were reviewed by Committee. It was explained that the spreadsheet was already in the packet when notice was received there would be no claims for xray or activity consultant for the month. We are still waiting on Waste Management and RX billing. Barclay made a motion to pay claims 2nd by Beck. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities – None
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities: None
10. Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities:
11. Discussion/Action: Resolution: Mary Pollitt – Retirement: Beck made a motion to accept the resolution 2nd by Barclay. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
12. Discussion/Action: Resolution: Debra Baker – Retirement – will be presented at the May 2023 Committee Meeting
13. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
i. Admissions/Census (Clayberg): 3/1/23 41 residents, 2 admits, 1 discharge and 1 death, 3/31/23 41.
ii. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg): explained to Committee 2-23 payment IDPA payment received, but still not posted as remittance advice not received. Treasurer’s office receive a warrant for the 3-23 payment, but it still hasn’t been received.
iii. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg): No need to copy treasurer’s reports for the meeting since all members receive them from the Treasurer.
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
i. Shower Room – Project update – had meeting with contractor and should be done by weekend.
c. Discussion/Action: Resident Monitoring System update: RFP has been published and bids will be read at the May 2023 meeting.
14. Executive Session for the Discussion of Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives as Described in 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2), the discipline or performance of specific employees as described in 5ILCS 120/2(c) (1).: Barclay made a motion to enter executive session 2nd by Beck at 5:50 p.m. The motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor. Barclay made a motion to return to open session 2nd by Beck at 6:17 p.m.
15. New Business:
a. Discussion/Action: Employee Wages: facility to put together a proposal to be submitted for review.
b. Discussion/Action: Employee Discipline
16. Miscellaneous: None
17. Adjournment: Beck made a motion to adjourn 2nd by Barclay at 6:18 p.m. Motion carried by roll call vote. All in favor.
18. Next Health Committee Meeting: May 2, 2023 – 5:30 p.m. Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln., Lewistown, IL