Solar Permitting Checklist Fulton County
Below are the step that are required by the Fulton County Zoning
and Development office to obtain a permit develop a site with PV solar.
1. The first step will be to make contact with Zoning Director, Janice Emmons she will be your point of contact with the county as you go through the permit application process. You may reach the Fulton Co. Zoning Office at 309-547-0902 or via email at JEmmons@fultonco.org
2. Submit a petition for a Zoning Action with applicable fee of $600.00 by the first business day of the month.
3. Provide the following documents with your petition; a Tax ID numbers, property owner name and address, plans of the layout, manufacturers information on the project, diagrams of the project.
4. Attend a Zoning Committee Meeting, which are held on the first Tuesday of the month at 5:00 p.m. at the Fulton County Board Office 257 West Lincoln Street, Lewistown, IL, 61542
5. Attend a Zoning Board of Appeals hearing regarding your petition and establishment of the conditions is mandatory. Zoning Board of Appeal Committee meetings are held on the last Wednesday of each month. The time for these meetings is 4:15 pm at the Fulton County Board Office, 257 West Lincoln Street, Lewistown, IL, 61542.
6. Completion of an application for a zoning permits and payment of applicable fees is required, pending actions by the Zoning Board of Appeals.
7. Zoning Director will conduct a site visit, after which a permit will be issues if all criteria have been met.
8. A follow-up visit by the zoning director will occur once installations are complete.