Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln St, Lewistown, IL
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Tuesday, March 7, 2023,
Conference Call-in Information:
Access Code: 3726216
1. Call to Order: 5:30 p.m.
a. The Governor of the state of Illinois has issued a disaster declaration related to public health concerns and Fulton County is covered by the disaster declaration. Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/7, The Fulton County Board Chairman has determined that an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under the Illinois Open Meeting Act is not practical or prudent because of the disaster, and board member’s physical presence at this meeting is waived and may be made by audio or video conference pending the termination of the State of Illinois Disaster Proclamation.
2. Roll Call: Brian Platt, present; James Barclay, present; Barry Beck, present; Lisa Thompson, present; Dan Kumer, present. Also Present, Trudy Williams. Tammie Denning and Diana Keime, Clayberg Staff.
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda: Thompson made a motion to accept the agenda 2nd by Beck. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities
5. Public Remarks
a. Members of the Public who wish to address the Board must provide the Chairperson with prior written notice of their intent to speak. The written notice shall identify the name and address of the speaker, as well as a short statement indicating the speaker’s topic. Each citizen is limited to five (5) minutes. Citizen’s remarks shall not exceed 30 minutes per meeting.
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings: Thompson made a motion to accept the minutes 2nd by Beck. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: Kumer made a motion to pay claims 2nd by Thompson. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities – None
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities – None
10. Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities – None
11. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
i. Admissions/Census (Clayberg) 41 to start month, 2 admits, 1 discharge, 2 expired, 41 to end month.
ii. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg) reviewed
iii. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg): new copier being leased, at an increased cost monthly, but would eliminate year end overage costs.
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
i. Shower Room – Project update – original tile was on backorder, going to WI to pick up tile and finish room.
c. Discussion/Action: Resident Monitoring System update: RFP to be sent to C. Simpson and B Platt. Will send to Committee Members for review.
12. Executive Session for the Discussion of Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives as Described in 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2), the discipline or performance of specific employees as Described in 5 ILCS 12/2(c)(1).
Beck made a motion to enter executive session 2nd by Thompson at 5:45 p.m. The motion carried by roll call vote.
Thompson made a motion to return to open session 2nd by Kumer at 6:15 p.m.
13. New Business:
a. Discussion/Action: Employee Wages: Beck moved to approve a starting wage increase of 5.00 for RN’s, Barclay 2nd. Motion carried by roll call vote.
b. Discussion/Action: Employee Discipline: none
14. Miscellaneous: none
15. Adjournment: Thompson made a motion to adjourn at 6:19 p.m., 2nd by Beck. Motion carried by roll call vote.
16. Next Health Committee Meeting: April 5, 2023 – 5:30 p.m. Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln., Lewistown, IL