Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln St, Lewistown, IL
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2023,
Conference Call-in Information:
Access Code: 3726216
1. Call to Order: 5:35 p.m.
a. The Governor of the state of Illinois has issued a disaster declaration related to public health concerns and Fulton County is covered by the disaster declaration. Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/7, The Fulton County Board Chairman has determined that an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under the Illinois Open Meeting Act is not practical or prudent because of the disaster, and board member’s physical presence at this meeting is waived and may be made by audio or video conference pending the termination of the State of Illinois Disaster Proclamation.
2. Roll Call: Brian Platt, present; James Barclay, present; Barry Beck, present; Lisa Thompson, present; Dan Kumer, present; Laura Kessel, absent. Also Present, Trudy Williams. Tammie Denning and Diana Keime, Clayberg Staff.
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda: Beck made a motion to accept the agenda 2nd by Barclay. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities: None
5. Public Remarks: None
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings: Kumer made a motion to accept the minutes 2nd by Barclay. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: Beck made a motion to pay claims 2nd by Kumer. Motion carried by roll call vote, all in favor.
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities: None
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities: None
10. Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities: None
11. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
i. Admissions/Census (Clayberg): started Jan with 39 ended with 41. 2 new admits during month
ii. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg): reviewed aging and addressed questions regarding resident nonpayment.
iii. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg)
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
i. Shower Room – Project update: Beams installed, waiting on electrical and plumbing, projecting completion of shower room 1 by end of the month. IDPH will have to inspect prior to start of shower room 2.
c. Discussion/Action: Resident Monitoring System update: RFP still in progress.
12. New Business:
a. Discussion/Action: Employee Wages: need to work on a wage increase for nurses. Completing a wage study to present Committee.
13. Miscellaneous: Kumer asked about a Health Department employee attending meeting. Platt stated they only attend if there is an item they need to discuss.
14. Adjournment: 6:30 p.m. Beck made a motion to adjourn at 6:30 p.m, 2nd by Thomspon. Motion carried by roll call vote with all in favor.
15. Next Health Committee Meeting: March 7, 2023 – 5:30 p.m. Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln., Lewistown, IL