Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: SIU/Graham Learning Lab, EP Coleman Building, 175 S. Main St. Canton, Illinois
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Thursday, December 8, 2022,
Conference Call-in Information
Access Code: 3726216
1. Call to Order: 5:36 p.m.
a. The Governor of the state of Illinois has issued a disaster declaration related to public health concerns and Fulton County is covered by the disaster declaration. Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/7, The Fulton County Board Chairman has determined that an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under the Illinois Open Meeting Act is not practical or prudent because of the disaster, and board member’s physical presence at this meeting is waived and may be made by audio or video conference pending the termination of the State of Illinois Disaster Proclamation.
2. Roll Call: Brian Platt, present; James Barclay, present; Barry Beck, present; Lisa Thompson, present; Dan Kumer, present; Laura Kessel, absent.
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda: None.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities: None.
5. Public Remarks: None
a. Members of the Public who wish to address the Board must provide the Chairperson with prior written notice of their intent to speak. The written notice shall identify the name and address of the speaker, as well as a short statement indicating the speaker’s topic. Each citizen is limited to five (5) minutes. Citizen’s remarks shall not exceed 30 minutes per meeting.
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings: Thompson made a motion to accept the minutes as presented, 2nd by Barclay. Motion carried by unanimous roll call vote.
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: Claims were reviewed with committee: Beck made a motion to pay claims, 2nd by Kumer. Motion carried by unanimous roll call vote.
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities : none
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities: none
10. Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities: none
11. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
i. Admissions/Census (Clayberg) discussed monthly census – info in packet
ii. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg) discussed aging and the payers reflected – in packet
iii. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg)
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
i. Shower Room – Project update – capital project to start on Monday.
c. Discussion/Action: HFS CNA pay-scale subsidy.-1st payment to be received in December, 2nd payments to be received in
12. New Business:
a. Discussion/Action: Private Rate increase. Medicare and medicaid billing increase. Discussed the need to increase rate and what the local facility rates are. To increase private room to effective 1/1/2023. 350.00/day and semi to 250.00 for new admissions. To grandfather current residents, their rates will not change. Kumer made a motion to change rates as discussed, 2nd by Barclay. Motion carried by unanimous roll call vote.
13. Adjournment: Thompson made a motion to adjourn, 2nd by Barclay. Motion carried by unanimous roll call vote at 6:31 p.m.
14. Next Health Committee Meeting: January 3, 2023 – 5:30 p.m. County Board Office, 257 W Lincoln., Lewistown, IL