Fulton County Board – Health Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting Place: Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln St, Lewistown, IL
Time: 5:30 PM
Date: Tuesday, Aug 1, 2023,
1. Call to Order: 5:30 p.m.
2. Roll Call: Brian Platt, present; Barry Beck, present; James Barclay, present; Lisa Thompson, present; Dan Kumer, present. Also present Tammie Denning, Administrator and Diana Keime, BOM.
3. Call for Additions/Deletions To and Approval of the Meeting Agenda: Thompson made a motion to accept the agenda, 2nd by Barclay. All in favor, motion carried.
4. Announcements, Communications and Correspondence – All Health Facilities: None
5. Public Remarks: None
a. Members of the Public who wish to address the Board must provide the Chairperson with prior written notice of their intent to speak. The written notice shall identify the name and address of the speaker, as well as a short statement indicating the speaker’s topic. Each citizen is limited to five (5) minutes. Citizen’s remarks shall not exceed 30 minutes per meeting.
6. Review of Minutes from Previous Month’s Meetings: Thompson made a motion to accept the minutes, 2nd by Kumer. All in favor, motion carried.
7. Claims/Review of Accounts’ Payable Items – All Health Facilities Discussion/Action: Bills were reviewed. Beck made a motion to pay claims, 2nd by Thompson. Roll call vote all in favor, motion carried.
8. Transfer of Funds – All Health Facilities – None
9. Immediate Emergency Appropriations – All Health Facilities: None
10. Resolutions for Board Meeting – All Health Facilities: None
11. Old Business
a. Discussion/Action: Financial Update – Previous Month’s Facility Data Review
i. Admissions/Census (Clayberg): 4 admits, 1 discharge and 1 death during the month of July. 7-31-23 census 44.
ii. Accounts’ Receivable/Aging (Clayberg) reviewed the aging and Medicare payments received in July. And the treasurer’s reports.
iii. Facility Operational Status Updates (Clayberg)
b. Discussion/Action: Facility Capital Improvement Projects
i. Shower Room – Project update still waiting on finish work in the day room. Waiting on approval from IDPH.
c. Discussion/Action: Resident Monitoring System update: Brian will follow up. Still no answers.
12. New Business:
a. Discussion/Action: Petition totals: The total signed petitions submitted to the ad hoc committee: 2329.
b. Discussion/Action: Recruitment: Discussed all advertising methods used in the last 12 months. Total number of applicants versus hires. Possible recruitment measures discussed.
c. Discussion/Action: Budget FY24-reviewed the budget and discussed some of the items. To review again at the next month’s meeting.
13. Miscellaneous: website is now redirecting to Fulton County website. Working with 309 Marketing on development of site.
14. Adjournment: Beck made a motion to adjourn at 6:28 p.m., 2nd by Kumer. All in favor, motion carried.
15. Next Health Committee Meeting: September 5, 2023 – 5:30 p.m. Jane Boyd Building, 260 W Lincoln., Lewistown, IL